Thank you to Megan from Make Bake Share for nominating me for the Liebster Award. This award is a chance for new bloggers to be recognized and gain new readers. We bloggers know how much time, effort and love gets poured into making a blog, so it’s a great way to get a little recognition.
Here are the Liebster Award rules:
Post the award on your blog.
Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
Write 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 250 followers.
Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
- I am left-handed
- I’m a black belt in Tae Kwon Do
- I’m a European mutt, but mostly Italian
- I have dislocated my left knee. Twice.
- New kitchen utensils make me giddy with joy
- Marga is not short for anything except maybe, “Damn Marga, that’s a lot of garlic”
- I dream about having my own cooking show
- My husband and I got married at a winery
- Grey’s Anatomy is my jam, I’ve watched the entire series 5 times, much to my hubby’s dismay
- I’m a coffee junkie
- I have a big sweet tooth, but I try to keep it under control
Here are my answers to Megan’s questions:
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
I needed a hobby that would keep me busy when I was between jobs a few years back. It turned out that I love it. School and work amped up and kept me away for a couple of years, but I set a goal to come back, and here I am!
2. What’s your favorite holiday?
The day AFTER Halloween. Candy sales!!
3. Where is the farthest you’ve traveled from home?
Israel. I got to go on a Birthright trip. It was amazing.
4. What is your favorite post you’ve done so far?
Probably my Caprese Salad post. It’s really indicative of who I am as a cook.
5. What has been your greatest accomplishment so far in life?
I think a lot of people would expect me to say my bachelor’s degree, which I just received in June. But honestly, I married my best friend Mike last year, and it’s the best thing that has ever happened to me.
6. Where would you love to travel to?
I crave travel. But I think Italy is at the top of the list. It might even happen in the next year or so!
7. What is your favorite quote/saying?
“There’s no such thing as too much garlic”
8. If you could live anywhere other than where you are now where would you live?
As long as Mike is there, I’m good =)
9. What makes you feel confident?
Cooking a great meal that my loved ones enjoy. Singing along with the radio. Several glasses of wine speeds up confidence too!
10. What is your favorite past time?
I’m a Netflix addict. Also love being with my friends and family.
11.What’s your dream job?
The “dream” is to have a successful blog that teaches people to enjoy being in the kitchen and to cook with passion. Like I said above, a cooking show wouldn’t be the worst thing ever!
My nominees for The Liebster Award are the following:
Tracy – fearlesshomecook.com
Zelda and Madeline – zeldaandmadeline.blogspot.com
Lynsey – lynseylovesfood.com
Serene – houseofyumm.com
Sarah – punctuatedwithfood.com
Just Putzing – justputzing.com
Katherine – piqueyeater.com
Anula – anulaskitchen.com
Theresa – livingtoat.wordpress.com
Heather – thebubblyhostess.blogspot.com
Sarah – cookathome.info
Here are the 11 Questions for my nominees to answer:
1. What is your favorite ingredient to cook with?
2. Who is your biggest cooking inspiration?
3. Favorite type of cuisine?
4. What’s your favorite food to make?
5. What do you love about blogging?
6. Who is your sous chef?
7. List 5 things that are ALWAYS in your pantry:
8. How did you come up with your blog name?
9. If you could delete any dish from history, what would it be and why?
10. Who do you cook for?
11. Do you have a favorite kitchen utensil?
Megan, thank you again for nominating me. It’s a thrill to be recognized by my peers. There’s a lot of talent out there, I’m very grateful to be considered.